PLC Programmer (Automation) ATS Automation Tooling Systems Inc. Lewis Center
Short Description :Design, or controls technology or equivalent Design, develop, troubleshoot, and document complete control programs for custom automation equipment Systems Project Engineer alert to opportunities, issues, and problems with technical design coordination Skilled ,…
Full Description :
Take your place among the best in the business, and grow your career with ATS Ohio, Inc. Join an environment where a passion for innovation combines with an uncompromised commitment to quality.
Join the Winning Team at ATS Automation, a great place to automate your future!Major Duties
Design, develop, troubleshoot, and document complete control programs for custom automation equipment. Programming of control systems using PLCs, PCs, servo drives, robots, and other more specialized controllers is a requirement. Skilled in troubleshooting of electrical controls and mechanical mechanisms. Need for good organization skills as wells as self-discipline and works with minimal supervision. Set an example of company culture with integrity and professional competence. Adhere to all established procedures as defined by ATS Quality Procedures, Process Flows, Work Instructions, Safety Procedures, and the Employee Handbook.Job Description
- Produce designs, programs and documentation within schedule requirements and in support of the control program(s)
- Utilize previously implemented standard products, designs and software modules wherever practical
- Logical and methodical reasoning to evaluate the WHAT-IF scenarios in a timely manner.
- Participate in daily visual management meetings.
- Participate in periodic project design reviews.
- Periodic travel to customer’s facilities to participate in equipment installation and perform operation training.
- CustomerProvide technical support throughout the design and build phase.
- Engineering Manager and Project ManagerProvide progress updates; alert to problems in technical design, or schedule issues.
- Systems Project Engineeralert to opportunities, issues, and problems with technical design coordination.
- Purchasing DeptReview long lead items.
- Technical WriterProvide input for documentation.
- The employee may be required to stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor.
- Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or exert up to 10 pounds of force frequently.
- Visual Acuity – Normal requirements for reading written instructions and computer screens
- Hearing Ability – Normal requirements for understanding verbal instructions.
- Working Conditions – The employee is subject to a normal office environment with occasional exposure to high noise levels and/or physical hazards when integrating on the manufacturing floor or at a customer’s site.
- An associate degree in computer science, engineering, system design, or controls technology or equivalent.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Five years experience in systems/controls development and integration of factory automation equipment
- Thorough understanding of PLCs, robotics, control systems and machine operation is required.
- Work with several platforms such as Allen Bradley PLCs, Panelviews, Fieldbus networks (including Ethernet/IP) and related components is advantageous.
- Ability to keep abreast of leading-edge technology is essential.
- A working knowledge of PCs and PC based applications, especially Microsoft Office, is essential.
- Must have ability to work with and communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.