Linehaul Specialist I - III FedEx Ground Careers US Township of Moon
Short Description :Preferred Oversees and tracks the FXG and FXSP networks by interacting daily with field LH operations to reduce empty and partial trailer movements in the network by combining multiple loads, relaying trailers through intermediate hubs for fill, sweeping tractors ,…
Full Description :
Monitors and tracks the efficient management of the entire FedEx Ground (FXG) Linehaul (LH) Network. Oversees and monitors process improvements, system and technology enhancements, administration processes and procedures, internal and external purchase transportation, and rental and equipment pool management designed to achieve maximum service and minimize LH costs for the company while ensuring that all administrative processes and business requirements are adhered to.Essential Functions
- Monitors and tracks hub and station volume projections to efficiently and cost effectively plan and schedule both contractor and equipment needs to ensure sufficient coverage for both FXG and FedEx SmartPost (FXSP).
- Monitors the Over-the-Road and the Inter-modal Purchased moves by securing purchased transportation to cover any projected excess volume.
- Oversees and tracks the FXG and FXSP networks by interacting daily with field LH operations to reduce empty and partial trailer movements in the network by combining multiple loads, relaying trailers through intermediate hubs for fill, sweeping tractors through intermediate terminals to pick-up loads, and utilizing non-FedEx one-way purchased moves.
- Adheres to master LH schedules and plans to maximize contractor’s capacity, minimize partial trailer loads, and ensure service integrity for specific areas.
- Investigates and reports schedule delays, accidents, equipment failures, and problems.
- Conducts customer communication to include purchased transportation setup, shipment updates, cancellation of shipments, issues at rail yard and equipment pool management.
- Monitors carrier activities ensuring shipments are picked up, in-gated correctly at the rail yard and delivered to final destination in accordance with rail cutoff times and customer delivery requirements.
- Maintains carrier file to ensure it includes a valid contract, insurance certificate, operating authority, and safety rating.
- High School diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Logistics, or related field preferred.
- One (1) year experience required in linehaul operations, logistics, transportation industry, or related area. Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Logistics, or related field may be considered in lieu of experience.
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
- Knowledge of concepts, practices, policies and procedures used in field operations
- Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
- Ability to effectively provide instruction on process and practice within the department.
- Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
- Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
- Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations
- Ability to troubleshoot issue, draw resources, and develop solutions.
- Weekend work required
- Multiple shifts and hours available
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.