PROJECT RECORDS SPECIALIST Arlington County, VA Arlingtonposted by admin on September 30, 2020
Short Description :A valid motor vehicle operators license from the applicants place of residence, or be willing to use alternative means of transportation Completion of college courses in Engineering, Engineering Associate, or a directly related field may substitute for up to ,…
Full Description :
Arlington County's Department of Environmental Services is currently seeking a Project Records Specialist for the Water Pollution Control Bureau (WPCB), to manage the construction and maintenance documents for the County's water reclamation facility .
The position reports to the Plant Planning and Reliability Engineer who oversees the computerized maintenance management program for the facility. The employee will be responsible for project management and maintaining a physical and on-line library of technical documents and plans that will need to be readily accessible and understandable to all WPCB staff. This employee interacts with vendors and consultants to deliver and maintain as-built drawings. The documents will include: construction plans, O&M manuals, PCS narratives, SOPs, maintenance service intervals, vendor warranty and contact information, costing information, procurement documents, job plans, spare parts lists, and calibration documentation.
Specific duties include:
- Recommending, coordinating and implementing records preservation procedures, practices and techniques;
- Storing, managing, and tracking critical program and project-specific documentation using Microsoft Project and computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) and other systems such as AutoCad and/or Adobe Acrobat applications as required, and in support of the contract requirements and County policies;
- Collecting, collating, and processing all documentation identified as required in support of the program's lifecycle management procedures to include archiving of inactive records and complying with required retention schedules/requirements;
- Researching and providing direction to staff in the resolution of construction and as-built records;
- Developing and maintaining data on performance metrics related to document management using Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal professional and trades staff;
- Training plant personnel on data archiving processes including archiving policies and procedures, file migration, audit support, and metric development; and
- Conducting field inspections of constructed facilities to ensure accurate representation in documents.
The ideal candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills to read and interpret complex construction plans and specifications, excellent organizational skills, and have the ability to work independently.
Minimum: High School Diploma, GED, or the equivalent plus considerable progressively responsible paraprofessional engineering experience in project management, including records/document control.
Substitution: Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for up to two years of education requirement on a year-for-year basis. Completion of college courses in Engineering, Engineering Associate, or a directly related field may substitute for up to one year of experience on a year-for-year basis.
Desirable: Preference may be given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- Experience managing engineering and construction documents in an industrial environment;
- Ability to develop a data management program to catalog and archive complex documents from start to finish;
- Experience performing automated record keeping using database, CADD or computerized maintenance management systems;
- Ability to convert construction plans to as-built documents; and/or
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or closely related field.
This position will require travel around Arlington County for field inspections. Applicant must possess, or obtain by time of appointment, a valid motor vehicle operator's license from the applicant's place of residence, or be willing to use alternative means of transportation. The applicant must provide or authorize Arlington County to obtain, or the applicant must provide a copy of the applicant's official state/district driving record. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon favorable review of the applicants driving record.Additional Information
Work Hours: 6:00am to 2:30pm, Monday through Friday. Occasional overtime hours required.
For information on Arlington's family friendly benefits, click here.
The official title of this position is Engineering Technician IV.
Please complete each section of the application. A resume may be attached; however, it will not substitute for the completed application. Your responses to the supplemental questionnaire are considered part of the selection process and are required for this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.