WATER/WASTEWATER FACILITY OPERATOR III Arizona Department of Corrections Florence
Short Description :Drivers license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training see Arizona Administrative Code R21020712 Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid stateissued drivers license appropriate to the assignment ,…
Full Description :
Arizona Department of Corrections
Rehabilitation & Reentry
Safer communities through effective corrections.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
WATER/WASTEWATER FACILITY OPERATOR III
Arizona State Prison Complex (ASPC) – Florence
1305 E. Butte Ave.
Florence, AZ 85132
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
This position oversees Water/Wastewater Plant operation, and is responsible for operating and maintaining water treatment, water distribution and wastewater collection equipment at ASPC-Florence. All interested applicants must complete an online application at azstatejobs.gov and search using Job ID #39090.
- Monitors compliance, and implements corrective water/wastewater treatments with state health regulators and the Environmental Quality Agency (EQA)
- Treats and chlorinates a potable water system, and adjusts chemical dosages on analysis
- Collects and forwards water samples to the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ)
- Monitors, maintains and repairs gravity and force main sewage collections systems
- Rebuilds motors, pumps, and pipelines
- Maintains access roads within water/wastewater systems
- May provide supervision to lower level operators and inmate work crews
- Drives on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
SPECIAL SELECTION FACTOR(S) – THE FOLLOWING ARE REQUIRED:
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Grade 1 through 4 Waste Water Collection System Operator Certification from the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) for water treatment and distribution or equal to facility’s grading.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
- Principles and techniques of operating and maintaining a reservoir water system, including reservoirs management and intake structures
- Principles and practices of surveying water sources and surface storage
- Computer logging and graphing methods related to water treatment and distribution
- Federal and state rules and regulations regarding water quality treatment and reporting requirements
- Transportation of fuel using a tanker truck
- Physical, biological, and chemical aspects of wastewater treatment
- Written and verbal communication
- Reading and comprehending administrative policy, regulatory laws and procedures
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and schematic drawings
- Using a computer to enter/retrieve data
- Estimating costs and ordering materials
- Organization and time management
- Collecting field data to prepare maintenance logs and reports
- Work in a prison environment
- Read and comprehend water flow meters and gauges
- Provide first-line supervisor to subordinate staff and inmate work crews
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships
- Learn and adhere to department policies and procedures
- Perform heavy physical labor
SELECTIVE PREFERENCE(S) - IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Certification equal to or higher than the facility grading (Arizona System are Grade 1 through 4 in all four disciplines: Water Treatment, Distribution, Waste Water Collections, and Waste Water Treatment)
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation, drug test*, and a medical/physical examination.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- Exceptional Retirement Program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
Positions in this classification participate in the Corrections Officer Retirement Plan (CORP).
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
If you experience technical issues while applying for this position, please call 602-542-4700.
*We are committed to providing a drug and alcohol free workplace. ADCRR conducts statewide random drug testing for all employees in safety-sensitive positions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting the Employment Unit Manager at (602) 255-2430. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,419.00 to $47,840.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Monday to Friday
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.