Warehouse Driver/ Worker - Distribution Generalist Publisher’s Circulation Fulfillment Bound Brook
Short Description :Valid drivers license in state of residence, driving record in adherence with PCF guidelines, and automobile insurance at limits required by PCF This is an entry level nonexempt position that requires driving on occasion Ability to perform open routes, perform visuals in ,…
Full Description :
As long as print media remains viable, PCF is ready to support the industry with world-class operational and technological support. Publishers Circulation Fulfillment, Inc. (PCF) will help you reduce costs, improve service and maximize the value of your delivery footprint.
Whether we’re providing boots-on-the-ground distribution services, or supporting your existing team with our state-of-the-art delivery software, Dart, PCF enables media companies of all sizes to streamline a wide range of daily operational and administrative headaches, and focus on managing results, retaining subscribers and pursuing growth.
This is an entry level non-exempt position that requires driving on occasion. Under the direction of the Distribution Center Manager (DCM) or the Assistant Distribution Manager (ADM), performs the manual labor aspects of distribution center operations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Participates in all the daily operations at a Distribution Center.
- Assists in opening Distribution Center, including logging into PCF applications, and printing and distributing route books.
- Unloads newspapers from delivery trucks, verifying arrival time, receipt and distribution of proper amounts newspapers (bundles) and other products with accuracy.
- May deliver open routes, replacement copies (while maintaining established service levels) and/or show routes to new Delivery Service Providers.
- Assists in maintaining a daily record of: contracted routes serviced, dispatch times for trucks, system problems and answers to customer complaints.
- Maintains safety and cleanliness of work area, which may include restroom facilities, interior and exterior of building, as well as retrieval of storage carts.
- All other warehouse and housekeeping work as assigned
Necessary Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Competence in the use and maintenance of material handling equipment, and the ability to be certified in the use of this equipment.
- Ability to use the internet and learn PCF applications (e-time, RouteSmart, Microsoft Outlook).
- Ability to communicate information professionally and effectively, so that it is understood to customers, peers, and Delivery Service Providers.
- Ability to learn layout of geographical area serviced from Distribution Center.
- Ability to meet and/or exceed the established customer service objectives.
- Must have and maintain access to a reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license in state of residence, driving record in adherence with PCF guidelines, and automobile insurance at limits required by PCF.
- 18 years of age or older
- Previous experience an asset but not required
- Ability to unload bundles of newspapers (30 – 50 lbs. each) multiple times on a daily basis.
- Ability to perform open routes, perform visuals in the field and associated other work in the territory.
- Ability to move around the facility, both inside and outside.
- Ability to meet deadlines and attendance standards.
- Ability to work weekends and early morning hours.
- Ability to work in warehouse type environment.
- Third shift work experience is a plus.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.