Medical Screener - Reception Technician (Customer Service) CSL Plasma Winston-Salem
Short Description :Question or transfer call to appropriate staff member Assessing the selfadministered health history, answering basic medical questions associated with the donation process, referring donors to medical staff when appropriate and performing health screening ,…
Full Description :
CSL is the parent company of and Seqirus. is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. operates CSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
1 In compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), assists qualified donors in completing the screening process. The screening procedures includes but are not limited to: assessing the self-administered health history, answering basic medical questions associated with the donation process, referring donors to medical staff when appropriate and performing health screening procedures such as blood pressure, pulse, weight, temperature. Performs finger stick to obtain sample to obtain donor's hematocrit and total protein levels.
2 Upon completion of the appropriate training, may educate new donors on the use of therapeutic products made from donated plasma. This includes explaining the screening process, the health screening tests performed, the appointment system, donation fees, center policies, proper nutrition and any other information pertinent to the donor. Ensures that all donor questions are answered timely, accurately and professionally.
3 May be involved in registering applicant and transfer donors based upon completion of appropriate training and operational needs of the center.
4 May answer the telephone and answer callers question or transfer call to appropriate staff member.
5 Maintains alertness and awareness to any reaction by a donor may have during or after the pheresis process and notifies appropriate staff.
6 Alerts Group Leader or Supervisor of donor flow issues.
7 Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
8 Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper immune programs at the center if applicable.
9 Maintains clean efficient work environment and ensures sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed. Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. Promotes safety in all actions.
10 Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center information.
11 May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the business.
12 Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the organization, to meet the needs of the business.
13 Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of three (3) months experience in a clerical or customer service related position, preferably in medical or health provider environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to perform basic math calculations
(physical & mental requirements)
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions
- Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines
- Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation.
- Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
- Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
- Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
- Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center operational needs
Worker Sub Type:
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.