Engineer Specialist - Supplier Quality General Dynamics Electric Boat Groton
Short Description :Discipline LEAN Six Sigma Green or Black Belt, American Society for Quality ASQ Certified Quality Engineer CQE and/or ASQ Certified Quality Manager CQM This position will require travel to Supplier locations to develop an understanding of the manufacturing and quality practices used ,…
Full Description :
At We deliver the advantage that protects Our Sailors, Our Families, and Our Freedom!
Applying for a position with means you are a purpose driven collaborator that will be devoted to our mission of providing the United States Navy with the most superior nuclear submarines in the world. We consider all highly motivated applicants that strive to reach their fullest potential. Joining our team means you become part of a 100 year legacy of dedicated Americans that have left their mark on the continued freedom of this great country. We welcome you the opportunity to leave yours!
General Dynamics Ethos & Corporate Responsibility
- Commitment to Ethics
- Commitment to Employees
- Supporting Service Members
- Supporting Communities
- Environmental Responsibility
In the Electric Boat Supplier Quality Engineering Department, we pride ourselves on being flexible to everyone’s experiences and values. Applicants to this post have a chance of being a part of Electric Boat’s reinvigorated enterprise wide initiative of Strategic Sourcing.
Engineers will be responsible for onboarding and managing new heavy steel fabrication Suppliers as part of the Supplier Quality’s Strategic Sourcing Team. Engineers will be required to perform various duties throughout all stages of procurement, including but not limited to: review of Ordering Data, Supplier Capability Assessments, Supplier’s Quality Management System reviews, Process Audits and process / product inspection. In addition, Engineers will evaluate material defects and quality trends to identify where Supplier root cause assessments and corrective actions are required.
This position will require travel to Supplier locations to develop an understanding of the manufacturing and quality practices used by the Supplier to ensure purchase order requirements are met.
The ideal Supplier Quality Engineer candidate will exhibit the following characteristics:
- Be an excellent communicator, because you take care in articulating your own thought processes, as well as critiquing the work of others
- Be passionate about quality, because you understand that each submarine part is critical to Sailor’s safety and the mission of the nation
- Have an unrelenting appreciation for technical details, because you value every aspect of the product to improve the overall quality
- Excel at working in a team environment, because you are a member of a Supply Chain Management team working to meet both the Navy’s and EB’s goals
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering or Engineering Technology discipline
- 10-14 years of Engineering Experience
- 5+ years of experience with Quality and/or Supplier Management
- Ability to travel (potentially extensively at times)
- Ability to hold a SECRET security clearance
- Quality Certifications: LEAN Six Sigma Green or Black Belt, American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) and/or ASQ Certified Quality Manager (CQM)
- US Military experience
- Degree in Manufacturing, Structural or Industrial
- Experience working with Quality requirements
- Experience with Supplier oversight
- Auditing experience
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.