CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE MANAGER Arlington County, VA Arlingtonposted by admin on January 01, 1970
Short Description :Planning, or closely related field, plus progressively responsible experience in administration and management, including financial management and/or customer service administrative functions Preference will be given to candidates with a Masters degree in related field and experience in ,…
Full Description :
Arlington County's Department of Community Planning, Housing and Development (CPHD) and Department of Environmental Services (DES) is seeking a Customer Experience Manager to lead a new, cross-departmental customer experience team that supports the County’s transition to Permit Arlington and ongoing permitting processes. The Manager will also partner in managing day to day operations of the Permit Office and has responsibility for cross-disciplinary coordination and communication related to the entire permitting process.
The Permit Office consists of CHPD Inspection Services (ISD), Zoning Divisions and DES Development Services Bureau. As a unit, these agencies provide a wide range of services related to administration and interpretation of state and local codes and ordinances, including Building, Zoning, and Stormwater management. The Customer Experience team will lead the integration and coordination of interdepartmental business processes and functions to remove institutional barriers as they relate to providing this core customer service function of the County. This position is under the supervision of the Development Services Bureau Chief (DES), Building Official (ISD) and Zoning Administrator (Zoning).
Specific Duties Include:
- Serving as liaison and collaborating with the Permit Arlington team to envision and implement strategies to support the customer experience vision;
- Facilitating collaboration and coordination across multiple departments and disciplines on topics supporting and streamlining customer service;
- Helping customers navigate Arlington County’s permitting process and ensuring the delivery of a coordinated and responsive permitting experience;
- Developing and implementing customer service training, cross-training and teambuilding activities to enhance customer service skills across all permitting operations;
- Overseeing the customer queuing system, in-person interactions in the Permit Office, the phone tree and other external-focused communications;
- Facilitating communication between the Permit Office, County Manager, staff and other departments to resolve program issues;
- Proposing policy recommendations related to customer service;
- Supervising customer service technicians and coordinating work of staff members from each of the permitting teams (e.g. Permit Processing Specialists, Zoning Technicians and Zoning Plan Reviewers);
- Compiling and presenting customer service metrics, trends, issues and status reports; and
- Monitoring front line customer service and responding to internal and external needs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Communication skills to exchange information with personnel, County staff, other elected officials and the public;
- Writing skills to compose and edit reports, proposals, contractual and technical documents, policies, and recommendations;
- Interpersonal skills to resolve complaints and/or conflicts and speak in public;
- Problem-solving skills to define problems and collect relevant information to recommend technical solutions;
- Excellent organizational and time management, skills; and
- Ability to focus and manage multiple tasks.
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Public/Business Administration, Construction Management, Engineering, Planning, or closely related field, plus progressively responsible experience in administration and management, including financial management and/or customer service administrative functions.
Substitution: Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis. A Master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of the experience requirement.
Desirable: Preference will be given to candidates with a Master's degree in related field and experience in one or more of the following:
- Leading a customer service team;
- Using permitting technology and databases;
- Analyzing and documenting business processes and policies;
- Managing a high volume of cross-disciplinary communication from external customers; and
- Collaborating with others, preferably in a team setting to resolve issues, share information, and provide service to the public.
Please attach a cover letter or supplemental question response that describes how your background and experience qualifies you for the Customer Experience Manager position and accomplishments in the following areas:
- Administration and management of customer service administrative functions;
- Leading a customer service team; and
- Using permitting technology and databases
Completion of the Commonwealth of Virginia Statement of Economic Interest form will be required of the successful candidate upon hire and annually thereafter. Additional Information
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, with flexible work hours generally between 8:00 a.m5:00 p.m. Occasional evening work will be required to attend public meetings.
The official job title is Senior Management Analyst.
Each section of the application must be completed. A resume will not substitute for the completed application. Your responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire are considered part of the selection process. Please do not enter "see resume" as a response to the questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.