Senior VI System Administrator CGI Group, Inc. Belton
Short Description :Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure, including participation in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure Deploy release of new ,…
Full Description :
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Senior VI System Administrator
Senior System Administrator – Virtual Infrastructure is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure, including participation in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Deploy release of new technologies as well as design, install, configure, maintain and integrate system testing performance of server operating systems, related utilities and hardware.
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
System Administration and Provisioning
- Engineering of Virtual Infrastructure systems solutions for various project and operational needs
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Investigate, troubleshoot, repair and recover from hardware or software failures
- Carrying a cell phone and being on-call on a rotational basis
- Apply firmware and OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures
- Perform periodic performance reporting and ongoing performance tuning
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment
- Installs, maintains and upgrades internal computer hardware and software systems used for designing and developing company products.
- On-Boarding and Off-Boarding of new and old Clients into and from the Cloud Environment following proper procedures.
- Proposes and implements system enhancements that will improve reliability and performance of system.
- Monitors usage and performance.
- Trains personnel on system usage.
- Troubleshoots server, software and hardware issues.
- Assists with recommending, scheduling and implementing system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products.
- Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth.
- Strong understanding of VMware vCenter installation, configuration, upgrading, and troubleshooting.
- Strong understanding of VMware vCloud Director installation, configuration, Upgrading, and troubleshooting.
- Strong understanding of Cisco UCS Installation, configuration, upgrading, and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of network routing and firewall requirements
- Develop and implement automated solutions to support operational and SLA objectives.
- Respond quickly and effectively to VMware issues and outages.
- Responds quickly and effectively to Cisco UCS issues and outages.
- Strong documentation skills along with the ability to train junior level personnel on day to day Virtual Infrastructure tasks.
- Provide recommendations to improve design and reduce cost
- Creation of reports for both clients and management
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotations for Virtual Infrastructure support
- Provide technical leadership to more junior team members
- Has experience working in a large VMware and Cisco UCS environments with formal change management practices.
- Experience with Remedy & IPSoft preferred
- Must be detail-oriented with good organization skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
VMware vCenter Experience. 3 Years Senior
VMware vCloud Director Experience. 3 Years Senior
Cisco UCS Experience. 3 Years Senior
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Professional and ethical at all times
- Energy, initiative, and a positive attitude
- Must be willing to successfully complete any and all /client specific background & security checks.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint)
- Strong documentation skills along with the ability to train junior level personnel
- Desire to expand responsibilities beyond initially defined job responsibilities to support emerging needs within the organization
- Ability to effectively aggregate, organize, and present information
- Pragmatic ability to balance process compliance, quality, innovation, and expedience
- Exceptional collaboration, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead through influence
- Ability to be effective in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- Works well under pressure
- Agile & DevOps Concepts
- Experience with ITIL v3 preferred
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Customer Service & Support
- Problem Solving/DecisionMaking
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At , our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.