Imaging Patient Services Representative Tennessee Oncology Nashville
Short Description :By telephone Monitor and distribute inbound and outbound documentation whether electronic or paper format Receives and replies to all instant messages with the Front Office related to patients changes of insurance, copay questions, and coverage issues in a timely fashion Answers the ,…
Full Description :
Location: Nashville TN
FT/PT Status: Regular Full Time
Hours: 8 to 4:30
Responsibilities / Essential Functions: The Imaging Patient Service Representative provides total medical office support including check-in, check-out and medical records functions. Manage the reception of patients within the office and by telephone. Obtains patient insurance and demographic information, collects co-pays, schedules new and return scan appointments, obtains precertification requirements as required by insurance and confirms accuracy of same. Monitor and distribute inbound and outbound documentation whether electronic or paper format. Imaging Patient Service Representatives handle these functions for both patients as well as Non patients.
- Answers the telephones and greets patients in a courteous, efficient manner. Routes messages to appropriate discipline.
- Conducts patient check-in and check-out process. Obtains pre-patient registration, demographic and insurance information and enters appropriately into the Radiology Information System (RIS).
- Collects co-payments at time of service and manages daily cash receipts.
- Registers new patients in the Radiology Information System (RIS) ensuring all information is complete prior to scheduling.
- Schedules patient tests.
- Receives and replies to all instant messages with the Front Office related to patients changes of insurance, copay questions, and coverage issues in a timely fashion.
- Completes pre-certification process for all diagnostic tests as required by the insurance, utilizing online insurance company portals when applicable.
- Gives patients oral contrast as indicated by scan type and/or special instructions.
- Reviews all orders for accuracy of scan type, ordering physician, CPT codes, dx codes, special instructions and proper scan pertaining to special instructions/notations on order. Reviews central precertification team’s comments for emailing notification to our outside billing company and In-House billing dept.
- Designates in the Radiology Information System (RIS), and emails to appropriate persons Study billing requirements, Q-1 Modifier, KX Modifier and Stark.
- Prepares the Electronic Health Record (EHR) for review by Clinical Staff.
- Obtains necessary records prior to patient's appointment.
- Monitors and routes inbound and outbound faxes.
- Opens and distributes mail as required.
- Electronically scans appropriate patient related records into the Radiology Information System (RIS).
- Distributes outbound correspondence or copies of records as necessary.
- Completes process for Request for Medical Records.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service. Responds promptly to patient, physician and clinical requests.
- Communicates to other staff members using Instant Messaging System.
- Ability to work productively and effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Previous Medical Office experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills including Windows file management and MS Office, and e-mail experience.
- Electronic Medical Records experience preferred.
- Able to lift 25 pounds.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.