Urgent Care Receptionist- Brooklyn ProHEALTH Medical Management Brooklyn
Short Description :A courteous and prompt manner Directs calls and takes messages Greets patients, family members and guests with a friendly smile Completes daily checklist ,…
Full Description :
ProHEALTH is one of the largest private multi-specialty medical practices in the Northeast and has been serving the health needs of Long Island and the Greater New York Metropolitan area since 1997. With over 900 providers in 300 locations, our goal is to provide quality health care to ensure that our patients get the right care at the right time.
We’re a dynamic and growing health care organization, offering a wide range of employment opportunities. We are seeking professional and dedicated individuals to be part of our team, where integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance are among our core principles.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and opportunity for growth and advancement.
The ideal candidate for Urgent Care is friendly, professional and customer-service oriented, is able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision, and works well both independently and as a part of a team. This position requires evening, weekend and holiday availability as well as flexibility with location/travel.
- Greets patients, family members and guests with a friendly smile
- Assists patients with signing in and completing paperwork
- Enters demographic and insurance information into the EMR; scans documents into the EMR
- Verifies insurance eligibility and benefit information; informs patients of insurance benefits
- Collects co-payments and patient balances
- Answers incoming phone calls in a courteous and prompt manner; directs calls and takes messages
- Assists physician and clinical staff by coordinating follow up care for patients; schedules referral appointments for patients and obtains authorization for diagnostic testing
- Sends patient's records to Primary Care Physician
- Assists patients, family members and guests with any questions or concerns
- Assists with other administrative tasks as requested by management
- Completes daily checklist of front desk responsibilities
- High School diploma required;
- Associates Degree or completion of some college coursework preferred
- Knowledge of medical insurance benefits and EMR experience preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Eagerness to learn and grow within the medical field
- Medical office experience preferred; Urgent Care experience highly desired
ProHEALTH strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.