Production Operator PolyOne Corporation Hickory
Short Description :Around the world, we collaborate closely with our customers to achieve their most pressing design, material science and sustainability goals We maintain a policy of nondiscrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless ,…
Full Description :
WHY POLYONE: At PolyOne, we strive for a culture of trust and engagement. Our associates are leading company initiatives such as Lead by Women, HYPE and Pride at PolyOne to advance diversity in professional and personal development. We also provide our associates with robust development programs such as PolyOne Academy, Lean Six Sigma, and various leadership workshops to allow for career growth in a variety of ways. With workplace flexibility, health and wellness programs, casual dress days, flex Fridays, and paid time off for community service, we are committed to building upon our positive momentum. Under the direction of the Shift Leader/Supervisor, the FRP operator will set up and operate multiple manufacturing lines where coatings are applied to raw fiber material by performing the following duties:
- Makes changes and adjustments to ovens, let-off racks, and take-ups as specified on the manufacturing specifications and loads reels on the take-ups.
- Determines materials, dies, & chemicals to be used for production run from spec.
- Inspects, prepares and loads raw material in creel, strings lines, and initiates start up.
- Performs inspection of entire area and the setup of the line before starting.
- Insures that spec and all other applicable documentation is complete.
- Performs and documents in-process monitoring of oven temperatures and line speeds, tensions, and OD.
- Shuts down and / or doffs FRP runs at specified intervals or when needed.
- Provides QA with samples at end and start of FRP runs.
- Communicates all issues, concerns, and maintenance and supply needs to supervisor.
- Updates incoming shift personnel on all FRP area-related activities.
- Responsible for performing mechanical changes to winder including speed, wind, traverse, spindle, slub catchers and tension as required by winding spec
- Troubleshoots and/or communicates abnormal sounds and situations to the Lead
- Demonstrates team work in all phases of operation.
- Refers issues/problems to lead/supervisor for disposition.
- Completes and maintains all required computer inputs. Responsible for data integrity.
- Documents work completed as required including logs, data reports, procedures, etc.
- Participates in training, retraining and continual improvement processes and methods.
- Maintains departmental housekeeping standards.
- Follows all rules, laws and procedures related to HS&E, ISO and other regulations.
- Other projects/duties as assigned or needed.
Required Education & Experience:
- US High School diploma, GED equivalency or equivalent experience
- Six (6) months to one (1) year of industrial/manufacturing experience
- Required Skill: Must be able to read/comprehend written and oral instructions in English; read and comprehend safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and product recipes/materials.
- Previous experience with ERP software system or computer knowledge
- Proven mechanical aptitude with the ability to troubleshoot and fix common problems
- Self-starter with initiative, attention to detail, and strong work ethic
- Able to work within a team environment
- Must have mathematical skill to add, subtract, multiply and divide and to apply these skill to weights, measures of volume and distance.
- Competency in computer and PC software including email, internet, and MS office.
- Must have manual dexterity for hand tools of various types.
- Must be able to drive fork lift.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.