Cooling Tower Carpenter Helper Brown & Root Lake Charlesposted by admin on January 01, 1970
Short Description :Screw drivers, adjustable, wrenches, hand and power saws, drill motors and pry bars Helper Typically 02 years and above documented field experience in chosen craft discipline with ability to read and interpret instructions and document, plan and ,…
Full Description :
HelperTypically 0-2 years and above documented field experience in chosen craft discipline with ability to read and interpret instructions and document, plan and perform work activities independently. SUMMARY
Constructs, fabricates, installs and dismantles form work of fixtures of metal, wood and other accessories. RESPONSIBILITES
- Builds cooling tower structures utilizing the necessary tools and materials needed to complete the tasks assigned.
- Examines blueprints, sketches or building plans for to determine material required and dimensions of structure or fixture to be fabricated.
- Selects, loads, and hauls job material to work site.
- Prepares layout of form or fixture to be fabricated using lines or grades.
- Measures boards, timbers, or plywood using square, measuring tape and ruler and marks cutting lines on materials using pencil and scriber. Shapes materials to required sizes using saws, chisels, and planes.
- Verifies accuracy of structure with transit, plumb bob, square and level.
- Uses carpentry hand tools such as hammers, levels, squares, screw drivers, adjustable, wrenches, hand and power saws, drill motors and pry bars.
- Nails cleats (braces) across boards to construct concrete-supporting forms.
- Braces forms in place with timbers, tie rods, and anchor bolts for use in building concrete piers, footings, and walls.
- Erects frame work for structures and lays sub-flooring.
- Cuts and assembles timbers to build trestles and cofferdams.
- Erects scaffolding for buildings and other structures and installs ladders, handrails, walkways, platforms, and gangways.
- Constructs forms, chutes, and aligns form panels for pouring concrete and grout.
- Fits and installs pre-fabricated window frames, doors, weather stripping interior and exterior trim and finished hardware.
- Fits and nails sheathing on outer walls and roofs of buildings. Sets and braces anchor bolts.
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities with tools and equipment.
- Ability to tie rebar.
- Operation of electric and pneumatic tools.
- May rig materials.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
- Work within precise standards of accuracy.
- Rate information using standards which can be measured or checked.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
- Observe flat drawings or diagrams and understand how they would look as solid objects.
- Apply basic mathematical skills.
- Follow oral and written directions.
- Work at heights without fear.
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
a. Standing 70%
Sitting 10% b. Lifting 40 lb.
Carrying 40 lb.
Pulling NP 2. Climbing F
Balancing F 3. Stooping F
Fingering C EXPLANATION OF SYMBOLS
NP Not Present
O Occasionally (0-33%)
F Frequently (34-66%)
C Constantly (67-100%)
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.