Therapist, Occupational II - Hand Kaiser Permanente Fairfaxposted by admin on September 26, 2020
Short Description :And the Principles of Responsibility Kaiser Permanentes Code of Conduct by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting noncompliance, and adhering to the ,…
Full Description :
- To be responsible for Occupational Therapy member management under the direction and supervision of the Rehabilitation Manager. This position consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility ('s Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to the applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements (if applicable), and 's policies and procedures. In addition, Regional leaders are accountable for communication, implementation, enforcement, monitoring and oversight of compliance policies and practices in their departments. In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also, accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
- Tests and evaluates the extent of a member's impairments, functional limitations, participation barriers and/or disabilities to ensure proper treatment using various tests and procedures.
- Plans an Occupational Therapy program, establishes treatment goals, and administers treatment to improve and/or remove impairments to minimize functional limitations to provide full participation in activities of daily living and reduce disability.
- Provides direct member care through a variety of modalities, including in-person, telephonic, and/or video-based services.
- Includes members/families/caregivers in establishing goals and obtains member 's informed consent as necessary.
- Provides members/families/caregivers with treatment plan and instructions for home exercise and self-management.
- Upgrades treatment plan and goals as member progresses.
- Regularly assesses clinical signs and symptoms to determine effectiveness of treatment, progress of member towards goals, and the need for modifying goals and treatment.
- Discharges member from Occupational Therapy when the member has received maximum benefit from Occupational Therapy.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of Occupational Therapy member management.
- Supervises the care delivered by COTAs (Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant) as per jurisdiction requirements.
- Maintains appropriate medical records and documentation for services and communications regarding care.
- Consults with medical providers regarding member evaluation and treatment, care plan updates and discharge from treatment.
- Reviews member records for current diagnosis, past medical history, precautions, and contraindications.
- Maintains compliance with company, state and regulatory documentation standards.
- Establishes safe work environment.
- Maintains clinical competency and ethical standards as outlined in the guidelines of the AOTA.
- Maintains departmental supplies, equipment, and apparatus in clean, safe and functional condition.
- Directs and instructs support personnel in performance of more routine procedures as requested.
- Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations with the public member s and other personnel.
- Provides triage Occupational Therapy services by providing advice and care through in person, phone, or video means.
- Delivers and/or provides input and/or assistance to senior Occupational Therapists, Lead Therapists, and/or Rehabilitation Manager in the development of new classes, services, member and provider education, development of handouts, and other related services.
- Participates in volunteer, student, or staff mentorship and/or clinical education activities.
- Provides coverage as needed in other facilities within the region if appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Employee will be required to other sites in NOVA as required for business needs.
Tristate Licensure will be required within the 6 months of hire.
- Minimum three (3) years of full time practice as a licensed Occupational Therapist in a clinical setting required. Education
- Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy curriculum for a bachelor's, master's, or doctoral degree in Occupational Therapy or a foreign-trained equivalent required. License, Certification, Registration
- Licensure to practice occupational therapy in the state of primary practice is required. Must obtain licensure in all three (3) jurisdictions, the State of Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia, within six (6) months of employment required.
- Foreign trained therapists must meet the education requirements for licensure in all states in which they will potentially practice.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification by the American Heart Association (AHA) required.
- National Provider Identification (NPI) required.
- Enrollment in PECOS within thirty (30) days of employment required.
- Actively pursuing and engaging in at least one of these continuing education or clinical experience to gain/enhance clinical expertise required as described below:
- Post graduate degree from an accredited university with a specialty focus.
- Fellowship or certificate from an accredited body or organization in a subject matter that is pertinent to our member population and is clinic based.
- Expertise/competency in a clinical subject matter in high demand or in a clinical subject matter with limited resources or specialists on staff.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and problem-solving abilities in the clinic and to our members.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the criteria for professional practice.
- Successfully able to perform all core physical therapy competencies.
- Demonstrates leadership in project management, teaching, clinical instructor for students, committee membership.
- Evidence of involvement in staff development and mentoring.
- Current NBCOT registration.
- Teaches occupational therapy related health education classes.
- Actively involved in supervision and orientation of volunteers and/or students within an Occupational Therapy Department.
- Participates in community activities and member education at least 2 times per year, which may include teaching health education classes, participating in medical center functions and attending community health fairs.
- Knowledge of or practice in at least 75% of OT clinical competencies preferred.
- Preferred CHT.
PrimaryLocation : Virginia,Fairfax,Fair Oaks I 12255 Fair Lakes Pkwy.
HoursPerWeek : 36
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 7:30 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 6:00 PM
Job Schedule : Part-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Rehab Services
Department : Physical Therapy
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.