Medical Billing And Coding Supervisor 1 Source OHS Gary
Short Description :Is a private independent clinic that exists solely to provide our clients with unmatched knowledge and care in the areas of occupational medicine and workers compensation injury care A minimum of five years of experience as a medical coder Through immediate ,…
Full Description :
Billing and Coding Supervisor
Comprehensive Care is a private independent clinic that exists solely to provide our clients with unmatched knowledge and care in the areas of occupational medicine and worker’s compensation injury care. Through immediate accessibility, state-of-the-art technology, and knowledge of all the latest rules & regulations, our experienced team provides expertise in prevention, injury care, regulatory compliance and case management. With dignity and respect, our employees excel in serving this single focus to those in need of quality care and/or regulatory compliance.
The Billing and Coding Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the timely, accurate and comprehensive abstraction of physician services from medical chart/record, utilizing appropriate CPT-4 procedure diagnosis codes.
- Establish practices for billing and coding function based on industry best practices.
- Provide training for billing and coding staff
- Reviews medical record documentation to identify all services provided by physicians.
- Assigns appropriate CPT-4 procedure code(s) to accurately report the physician services provided to patients.
- Assigns appropriate CPT-4 diagnosis code(s) to accurately support the need for each physician service.
- Obtains and submits copies of medical documentation with physician charges to support billing to third-party payers.
- Identifies physician services provided, but not adequately documented in the medical record.
- Advises supervisor and clinicians of deficiencies to support charge capture of all billing services.
- Analyzes and resolves physician claim rejects and denials from the billing system or insurance carriers related to coding issues.
- Follow up claim status; investigate rejected claim to determine denial reason.
- Assists with physician billing and documentation training in daily interactions with physicians and other routine training sessions.
- Compiles daily, weekly and monthly clinic production reports as requested.
- Identifies trends/problems in medical documentation and department request issue and recommends possible solutions.
- High School diploma or equivalent; an Associate Degree in Business is preferred
- A minimum of five years of experience as a medical coder
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Medical billing auditor is experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of ICD-10CM, CPT 4 Procedure Codes, HCPCS codes, Medicare Guidelines, EOB’s and medical terminology.
- AAPC, CCS or CBCS certification is required
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Working knowledge of ICD-10CM, CPT 4 Procedure Codes, HCPCS: 5 years (Required)
- medical billing and coding: 5 years (Required)
- Supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- AAPC, CCS or CBCS (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.