Funeral Assistant Catholic Funeral & Cemetery Services of the Diocese of Oakland (CFCS ) San Pablo
Short Description :Proof of insurance is required Reporting to the Location Manager, with a dotted line to the Family Service Director, Funeral Assistants interact directly with families and guests, as well as with other internal/external personnel/departments that provide services ,…
Full Description :
The Funeral Assistant supports the Family Service Director with a variety of tasks for the vigil/visitation, the funeral or memorial service, and the committal service.
Funeral Assistants will demonstrate by example, CFCS ’ Core Values–Share the Journey, Serve with Care, and Make It Happen–in all their dealings with families, staff, and internal/external contacts.
Reporting to the Location Manager, with a dotted line to the Family Service Director, Funeral Assistants interact directly with families and guests, as well as with other internal/external personnel/departments that provide services for the funeral.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma/GED required; and/or 1-2 years in a customer service environment requiring direct contact with the public
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the Catholic faith, rituals, and traditions
- Understanding of the Order of Christian Funerals
- Able to conduct oneself with a “Family First” approach
- Service oriented, amiable, empathetic, and perceptive
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to understand aural instructions and follow directions
- Proficient in the use of computers, software, and technology
- Bilingual preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- Valid state issued driver’s license, good driving record, and proof of insurance is required
- Ability to lift or move objects weighing between 75-100 lbs.
- Ability to push and pull up to 300 lbs. with a wheeled cart
- Ability to stand for long periods on a hard surface
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.