Hickory House Cook HyVee Papillion
Short Description :Friendly, helpful service to customers who call Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision ability to identify and distinguish colors, and field of vision Smiles and greets ,…
Full Description :
Department: Hickory House Revision Date: 05/2018
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Prepares various foods for the Hickory House and is responsible for all hot foods and cold foods including available heat-and-eat varieties.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Directors; Store Operations, Perishables, and Health Wellness Home; Food Service Director; Hickory House Manager; Assistant Hickory House Manager; Assistant Managers
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products for which they're looking
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Answers the telephone promptly when called upon and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
- Prepares the cooking surfaces.
- Prepares vegetables and sides and cooks meats and breakfast foods.
- Places food in hot cases, monitors amounts, and refills as necessary.
- Fills the cold case with overflow food.
- Prepares items for the next day.
- Ensures personal understanding of all aspects of the Hickory House.
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct customer service when necessary.
- Orders product and supplies when necessary or notifies department head of needs.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Education and Experience:
High school or equivalent experience. Six months or less of similar or related work experience.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; up to 20 pounds of force frequently; and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
- Must have the ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording.
- Must have the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions, write identifying information, and request supplies orally or in writing.
This position is frequently exposed to a cool environment, dampness, noise from equipment, and vibrations from some equipment. There are possible equipment movement hazards from slicers and choppers. There is daily exposure to cleaning chemicals and solvents. This is a fast paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Grill, toaster, coffee machine, oven, steamer, chopper, hot case, kitchen utensils, knives, stove, chicken roaster, can opener, Telexon ordering unit, and C.A.R.S. reordering system.
Deals with customers on a daily basis.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.