Pipefitter SPC Mechanical Raleigh
Short Description :Decks, walls, and mains, prior to pipe installation, using hand and power tools Attach pipes to walls, structures and fixtures, such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools or welding equipment VEVRAA Federal Contractor Plan pipe ,…
Full Description :
SPC is always on the lookout for great people in the workplace and in the communities we build in. The talent we add to our team is the foundation of our growth and success. An atmosphere of support, recognition for hard work and development, and personal growth are satisfying career elements at . Challenges, advancement opportunities, stability, learning opportunities and an innovative work environment are what you will find here.
Plans, lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs, and repairs piping/plumbing parts, equipment, and products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cut, thread, and hammer pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints.
- Attach pipes to walls, structures and fixtures, such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools or welding equipment.
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
- Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
- Select pipe sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Cut and bore holes in structures, such as bulkheads, decks, walls, and mains, prior to pipe installation, using hand and power tools.
- Modify, clean, and maintain pipe systems, units, fittings, and related machines and equipment, following specifications and using hand and power tools.
- Install automatic controls used to regulate pipe systems
- Turn valves to shut off water or other gases or liquids from pipe sections, using valve keys or wrenches.
- Remove and replace worn components.
- Prepare cost estimates for clients.
- Inspect work sites for obstructions and to ensure that holes will not cause structural weakness.
- Operate motorized pumps to remove water from flooded manholes, basements, or facility floors.
- Dip nonferrous piping materials in a mixture of molten tin and lead to obtain a coating that prevents erosion or galvanic and electrolytic action.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Competitive Salary
- Medical / Vision/ Prescription Insurance
- HSA w/ Employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K w/ 5% match
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
Minorities\Females\Disability\Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.