Campus Security Officer University of Minnesota Minneapolis-Saint Paul
Short Description :Direction to student Security Monitors in the field Certified Protection Officer International Foundation for Protection Professionals The Campus Security Advisor provides unarmed security services to the twincities campus, provides operational guidance to student Security Monitors, ,…
Full Description :
$18.78 per hour or more depending on experience.
We take care of you
- Full-time employees are eligible for our Regents Scholarship https://policy.umn.edu/hr/regentsscholarship
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, vision, dental, and pharmacy coverage
- The U of M is conveniently accessible by light rail, bus, and bike. and we offer discounted bus transportation through our "U-Pass" program.
The Campus Security Advisor is a uniformed, non-sworn representative of the Department of Public Safety. The Campus Security Advisor provides unarmed security services to the twin-cities campus, provides operational guidance to student Security Monitors, and advises members of the University Community regarding safe behaviors, laws, rules, and policies in furtherance of a safe campus and the protection of University assets.
The Campus Security Advisor reports to the Director of University Security and receives day-to-day work instruction from the Director, Assistant Director, and Operations Supervisor.
Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Communicates relevant laws, rules, and policies in support of a safe and secure campus
- Provides some guidance and direction to student Security Monitors in the field
- Provides safe-walk escorts to students, faculty, and staff
- Performs patrols of campus buildings
- Locks and unlocks doors
- Identifies, reports, and (where appropriate) resolves security risks, safety hazards, and building maintenance problems.
- Assists law enforcement with identification and removal of trespassers
- Responds to medical emergencies to provide first aid, notify emergency responders, and support overall emergency response
- Provides general security support during campus events and gatherings
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid, Minnesota driver’s license
- Must complete the following certifications within 30 days of employment
- First aid, CPR, AED (American Heart Association)
- Certified Protection Officer (International Foundation for Protection Professionals)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to deal with diverse populations sufficient to respond with sensitivity to their needs and concerns
- Able to resolve problems and make decisions quickly and effectively sufficient to defuse conflicts and violent situations and maintain safety on the campus
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $18.78 /hour
- security: 1 year (Preferred)
- What qualities do you possess that make you best suited to be successful in providing public safety services within a higher-education institution? Provide specific examples from past experiences.
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Hours per week:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Day shift
- Night shift
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.