Maintenance Technician Forterra Oskaloosa
Short Description :Travel 5 percent of the time to possible other locations Must be able to weld and repair pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and mechanical systems Design and fabrication of tools, jigs, fixtures to improve the safety and efficiency of the operation Corrects ,…
Full Description :
is a leading manufacturer of pipe and products in the U.S. and Eastern Canada for a variety of water-related infrastructure applications, including water transmission, distribution and drainage. The company generated pro forma net sales of $1.5 billion in 2017. employs more than 5,000 people and operates more than 88 facilities, with products available throughout the U.S. and Eastern Canada.
We are currently recruiting a full-time Maintenance Technician to join our Oskaloosa KS team. Will train if no direct experience.
Must be able to maintain and repair large forklifts, concrete batching equipment and concrete forming equipment. Must be able to weld and repair pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Supports all aspects of the company's safety program and creates awareness by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment through individual actions and mentoring others. Investigates safety incidents and retrains staff and needed.
- Troubleshooting/repair of equipment and fixtures used in the precast concrete industry.
- Design and fabrication of tools, jigs, fixtures to improve the safety and efficiency of the operation.
- Lead the installation and removal of production equipment.
- Assist in the training of new employees for the appropriate equipment operation.
- Support production operations during periods of vacations or absenteeism.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects forklift, machines and equipment deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, electrical, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies forklift, machines and equipment performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Maintains forklift/machine/equipment appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; schedule mechanical downtime/unscheduled mechanical downtime appropriately; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance team and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Regular, timely attendance to meet organizational needs in an efficient and effective manner.
- Business/technical degree preferred or equivalent work experience. One plus years' experience in a manufacturing plant.
- Working knowledge of large machine operation, construction of infrastructure.
- Technical expertise in welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, machining and electronics.
- Must be able to work hours beyond the normal workday as required by the business cycle, customer volume of business, and specific sales efforts underway. It has a moderate demand for tight deadlines.
- Ability to provide clear and concise verbal instructions along with the ability to listen and ask questions to understand points made by others.
- General computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and database systems.
- Ability to read and apply information from plans, blueprints, work instructions and equipment manuals. Diagnostic problem solving techniques. Detail orientation.
- Ability to apply effective time management and self-management skills.
- Mathematical skills and mechanical abilities to diagnose and solve problems.
- Demonstrated pattern of positive attitude, strong work ethic, and dedication.
- Must have a valid drivers' license and ability to travel 5% percent of the time to possible other locations.
Our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in the future of our employees to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. We offer an excellent compensation package that includes: competitive pay, vacation, ten paid holidays, 401k plan with 4% contribution, medical, health reimbursement account health saving account (HSA), flex plan, dental, vision, short and long-term disability and life insurance.
is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V is a Drug Free Workplace.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.